Fall Fair 2020
It is with deep sadness that the Fall Fair Committee announces the postponement of the 54th Annual Nechako Valley Exhibition (Fall Fair) August 14-16, 2020.
Since 1965 a hard-working group of volunteers has built our Exhibition Grounds. Our current board and volunteer system have been working tirelessly to expand opportunities for public recreation and safety reserves, and will continue to invest significantly in this resource unique to our region. Despite the cancellation of the 2020 Fair, we are looking at every opportunity to not only survive, but thrive for generations to come.
Our heartfelt gratitude goes out to the many sponsors, vendors, volunteers, government, and community members for your continuing support of the Exhibition. Sponsors and volunteers, we have been working to connect individually with everyone; if we have not connected yet, please be assured we will be in touch soon. As Vanderhoofians we all take ownership of this facility we’re blessed to have. Anyone interested in participating is always welcome to get in touch.
Please stay tuned over the next couple of months. Plans for alternative community activities are in the works!
We will also be taking the momentum for 2020 clear into the 2021 fair season, and we know you will all want to celebrate with us!
Stay safe, be well and don’t forget to buy B.C.,
Nechako Valley Exhibition Society & Fall Fair Committee
Nechako Valley Exhibition Grounds
Facility Re-Opening May 1, 2020
We are pleased to announce the re-opening of the facility to the public. This includes the indoor riding arena, lobby & washrooms, and the outdoor arena.
Our ability to remain open will depend on compliance with guidelines issued by the provincial and federal governments and is dependent on visitor cooperation.
All members and visitors must comply with the following:
• If you or any member of your household exhibit any cold or flu-like symptoms or do not feel well, do not enter the grounds
• Keep 6 ft between all people on the grounds
• No more than 10 riders permitted in the riding arenas at any given time
• After cleaning up after your horse, wipe down manure fork with sanitizing wipes that will be provided and attached to the wheelbarrow
• No more than 2 people permitted in lobby or washrooms at any given time
• Avoid sharing tack, brushes, equipment, etc.
• Limit contact with popular tie spots and keep your horses at your own trailer if possible
• Utilize sanitizing wipes provided in the lobby to clean up before and after yourself. Due to staffing constraints we will not be disinfecting these surfaces in between each user.
Thank you for your co-operation. Please stay well and be safe.
Please be aware that office hours are intermittent. For any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General meetings are being held via video conference for the time being due to the evolving COVID-19 situation. Meeting minutes are available upon request.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of the Exhibition? Click here to see our brand new Sponsorship Packages!
Interested in a rewarding VOLUNTEER opportunity with a dynamic and fun team? Click here to download our Volunteer Registration Package!
Interested in helping PLAN the Exhibition? Contact the office! (250) 567-3011 or email@example.com
The riding arena schedule from October 1, 2019 - April 30, 2020 is now in effect! Click here to download your own handy PDF!
*Horse Council BC membership is required for all arena rider members and all drop in riders*
We'll be rolling out our Quarterly Newsletter soon, stay tuned